How to Apply
Please note, applications are now closed.
Before applying to take part in ‘How to Get a First Feature Made’ (Creative England Talent Modules), please read all the eligibility criteria below and download the guidelines.
The Talent Modules are aimed at prospective first-time feature filmmakers – directors, producers and writers – working in drama, factual or animation. Applications will also be considered from those who have already completed a first feature, especially if it was made on a very low budget and/or recently.
- Be based in the North of England. Please note that precedence will be given to applicants based in the North East of England.
- Be working as a filmmaker on a professional basis, or have the talent and commitment to make that leap.
- Have completed at least two short films.
- Have a feature film project in at least early development and be able to provide at least a one-page outline.
- Be willing to provide marketing assets as required, and in a prompt manner.
- Be aged over 18 and not in full-time or undergraduate education.
Please consult the Guidance Notes for a fuller description of these eligibility criteria.
To apply please fill in the online application form. Before starting the application process, please ensure you have all supporting documents to hand:
- CV (optional)
- Supporting document about your project. At a minimum this must be a one-page outline, though if you are able to supply a treatment, script sample or any other supporting documentation as well that would be welcome.
- Details of your two completed short films
You must fill in the application form in one go. The estimated completion time is 30 minutes.
Receipt of your application will be confirmed immediately after submission. If you have not received acknowledgment of your application please contact email@example.com
If you have any queries about the Talent Modules please contact Rupert Lee at Northern Film & Media preferably via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or otherwise by telephone (0191 440 4561).
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of applications is Thursday 28 January (5pm).