BFI Launches New Funding For Emerging UK Film Producers
Sitting alongside the BFI Film Fund's new measures to help producers working at every level of experience, the Vision Awards 3 are designed specifically to allow those who are at an early stage of their film career to build on their relationships with writers and directors, form alliances with established producers and partners, and afford the time to find new talent and develop their projects.
Ben Roberts, Director of the BFI Film Fund, said:
We know that the economic realities for most producers are as challenging as ever, and that developing relationships and material with new filmmakers takes time and tenacity. We also recognise that the number of producers working outside London is relatively small. Diversity remains a serious issue – something we are very keen to address.
The BFI Vision Awards 3 are designed to enable new and emerging producers to:
- seek out new and emerging writers and directors from across the UK;
- build their development slate with an eye to defining themselves and their company identity;
- take creative risks in new areas;
- reach a wider, more diverse audience for their work;
- build or capitalise on pre-existing partnerships with more established companies and those with the necessary areas of expertise;
- improve their business skills and commercial expertise; and work on a plan to have an on-going and viable business after the end of the award term.
Deadline for applications: 29 April 2016
You can read more about the BFI Vision Awards 3 and how to apply on the BFI website.
Image: Second Coming, by Debbie Tucker Green. Photo by Stephen Cummiskey 2013.