The Latest Round of iFeatures Open For Applications
iFeatures is a filmmaking initiative run by Creative England with support from the BFI, the BBC, and Creative Skillset’s Film Skills Fund. The aim of the scheme is to support the development and production of low budget feature films, and to discover the next generation of filmmakers with a passion to tell stories rooted in the English regions. iFeatures4 offers a unique opportunity to help turn your ideas into feature films. In addition to funding the development of up to twelve projects, each selected team will be offered support, access to networking events, as well as mentoring and high level training with established industry professionals. After an intensive six months development process, up to three projects will be selected for production, with budgets of £350,000 per film. The selected films will be shot in 2017.
iFeatures is aimed at creative talent whose work has already garnered positive industry and/or public attention in the fields of short films, theatre, advertising, TV, video gaming, online storytelling, commercials, graphic novels, music promos, documentaries, art films & videos. For directors and producers any of the following will be accepted as evidence of such public recognition:
- acceptance at a minimum of two short films festivals listed in the British Council festival directory
- selection for Vimeo Staff Picks
- acceptance at online film festivals and competitions such as, amongst others, Virgin Media Shorts
- a minimum of 300,000 hits on YouTube, Vimeo or similar platforms
- a minimum of one completed professional theatre production of your work
- a minimum of two completed professional advertising campaigns
- a minimum of one completed television production of your work
- a minimum of one professional gallery or other public exhibition of your work
- a minimum of two released video games
iFeatures is particularly targeted at emerging writers, directors and writer/directors who have yet to make a feature film or have already made a no/micro budget or previously unreleased feature. We positively encourage submissions from women, BAME and other groups currently under-represented in film. Applications from more experienced directors who are looking to move into a different space with the films they want to make may also be considered.
Deadline for this round of iFeatures: 6pm, 29 March.
For more information about the scheme, eligibility criteria and application guidance please see The iFeatures website.