Agents: An Insider's Guide
Location: BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art
Aimed primarily at early-career directors and writer-directors, this event will reveal the insights of some of the UK's leading agents to help you unlock the secrets of their world. With a panel featuring Matthew Bates (Sayle Screen), Roxana Adle (Independent) and her client, BAFTA-nominated filmmaker Tina Gharavi, this event will help filmmakers answer key questions, including:
- What kinds of agents are there?
- What is the agency landscape like?
- At what stage in your career should you approach an agent?
- What materials do you need in place before you make an approach and how should you present them?
- What are agents looking for and how do you get their attention?
- What can you reasonably expect an agent to do for you, and what should you be doing yourself?
- How do you service that relationship?
- How do you shake out a good deal?
When: Wednesday 8th July, 11:30am - 1:00pm (registration from 11:10am)
Where: BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art (Cinema,1st floor), Gateshead Quays, South Shore Road, Gateshead, NE8 3BA
To register please click here.
Thanks to the support of our funders there is no charge to attend this event, however a £4 attendance deposit applies. This will be refunded in full the day after the event to those who attend. You may register for more than one place but will be required to provide accurate registration information for all attendees, as required by our funders. Cancellations made within a week of the event will not be refunded.