Women in Television - a Policy-UK Forum
With speakers including Emma Tennant (Controller, UKTV - pictured), Claire Dresser (Chief Advisor, BBC), Jane Roscoe (Director, London Film School), Stephen Follows (writer and producer) and Sadie Groom (Managing Director, Bubble & Squeak Communications), this event will offer an opportunity to examine the emerging issues and challenges to supporting on-screen and off-screen female talent in the television industry.
Delegates will examine emerging challenges and opportunities for creating career paths for the next generation of female leaders in the TV industry, whether the inclusion of 'mandatory' female guests on BBC panel shows is a positive move for women in the industry, and assess diversity in production and the off-screen workforce.
Time has also been allocated at the event to examine what can be learned from age-decimation cases, and what further actions can be taken to ensure diversity on-screen.
Key themes to be discussed:
- Representation of women on screen and the options to ensure diversity and range of depictions;
- Is there still a glass ceiling for women entering management positions in the media industry?
- How best to improve opportunities for women behind the camera and the extent that stereotypes are still driving the careers of female directors and producers.
Information and an up to date agenda can be found online here.
When: Wednesday 30 September 2015, 8.30am - 1.00pm
Where: Central London (venue tbc)
Cost: Places at the Women in Television - On Screen, Off Screen and Leadership event (including event materials and refreshments) are priced as follows:
- Private sector: £250.00 (+VAT);
- Academic/Third Sector/Trade Association: £150.00 (+VAT).
Click here to register.